Sunday, December 26, 2010

Excursion to Hyundai Asan Motor Plant - 현대자동차아산공장 - December 17-18

our excursion group photo
As you understood from the title of this article I made a tour of Hyundai Asan Motor Plant. 
The plant opened in 1994 produces flagmans of Hyundai - Sonata and Grandeur - 260 000 cars per year approximately! Also I remember that it's one of the biggest motor plant in Asia - 1 830 000 mof plant territirory and 450 000 m2 - inside plant area! 
more than 2km widthway


Unfortunately, taking photos inside the plant was forbidden, so I can't show the process of car making photo by photo. Describing it just by words is very boring - so, I the only thing I want to share now are my feelings. And that excursion was really impressive! I was impressed by everything - by the size of  plant, by its organization, by robots...
All this plant resembles me one big organism parts of which work in perfect cooperation - and sometimes it's hard to say where robots end and humans start their work. Abundance of robotics made me think about "revolution of the machines" all time I was there))
first steps are being made by robots
Assembling - technicians' work. Still, it's too complicated for robots,
but would these job exist after 20-30 years?
For people living on Korea - if you also want to see this robo-village, just make a registration here for group or family excursion: http://pr.hyundai.com/Company/EnterpriseNetwork_Inner_Factory_Asan.aspx



p.s. photos are borrowed from hyundai cars official web-site and this blog - httpblog.naver.com/gtk200

1 comment: